Delete previous data synced to cloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedwolfe, Dec 14, 2015.

1. thedwolfe macrumors member

thedwolfe

I sync my outlook calendar to my iPhone and sometimes backup the phone to iCloud or my computer.

Can I delete the data that is on iCloud?.

2. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

Yes. You don't need to use iCloud for anything.

3. thedwolfe thread starter macrumors member

thedwolfe

I do use iCloud and want to know how to delete my info from iCloud now that I've sync'd my iPhone to iCloud.

4. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

Go to Settings > iCloud and disable everything from there.

5. thedwolfe thread starter macrumors member

thedwolfe

New
    What about the data already sync'd. Can I delete it?

6. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

Go to https://www.icloud.com/ and you can delete everything you need.

For contacts, open contacts (https://www.icloud.com/#contacts) and click on the first name. Then while holding the SHIFT key on the keyboard click the last name so that all names are in blue and selected. Then hit the delete key or click the gear button in the bottom left of the screen and click delete.

For the calendar, open calendar (https://www.icloud.com/#calendar) and near the bottom left of the screen is the Edit button. Click it and you will have the option to delete any calendar.

7. thedwolfe thread starter macrumors member

thedwolfe

My BAD! Let me start over.

I "backup" my Outlook calendar & contacts on my computer to my iPad & iPhone using iTunes. So if I make a change on the calendar or contacts on either my computer or iPhone/iPad it will change the other.

Then I change the syncing process in iTunes to "Automatically Backup" iCloud on iTunes. ("Backup the most important data on your iPhone/iPad to iCloud")

The iCloud backup is what I have the question about. I want to know if I can delete the data I backup on iTunes to iCloud.

8. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

You sync iTunes to your iPhone and iPod, hence why it is called syncing. It is not a backup, because you cannot restore it.
    You sync from iTunes to your devices and you sync your devices to iTunes. iCloud keeps a backup which you can use when you want to recover and you can tell iTunes to also have a backup.

iCloud only keeps your newest 1000 photos, your contacts, and your settings (and maybe some other small things). It doesn't store your music or your apps. What data were you referring to?

9. thedwolfe thread starter macrumors member

thedwolfe