Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdav

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2007
So/California.
I purchased a Powerbook G4 (still OS X 10.2.8) from a friend a while back. I need to delete some old files but the previous login password has been lost. Do I need to wipe the HD clean and start again or is there something else that I can do? :confused:

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Jaguar Is Very Slow You Know.

I purchased a Powerbook G4 (still OS X 10.2.8) from a friend a while back. I need to delete some old files but the previous login password has been lost. Do I need to wipe the HD clean and start again or is there something else that I can do? :confused:
If you boot from the Jaguar Install DVD you can make a new password. You should buy Leopard for that PowerBook as soon as it ships. Jaguar is a dog and you will realize double speed with either Panther or Tiger.

rdav

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2007
So/California.
If you boot from the Jaguar Install DVD you can make a new password. You should buy Leopard for that PowerBook as soon as it ships. Jaguar is a dog and you will realize double speed with either Panther or Tiger.

Thanks, I'll try that. And yes, it is slow. I'll upgrade to Leopard when available. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.