Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prp134

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Helllo All,

Well I recently had to reinstall all my music again because of this I now have some songs that are repeated. Im lazy and its becoming very annoying to have to delete song by song. I was wondering is there a way itunes can delete all repeated songs???

Thanx, I would appreciate it!:D

JonD25

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Well, if your problem is anything like mine and you had a lot of duplicate songs to get rid of but also multiple versions of songs that showed up in the iTunes "Show Duplicate Songs" feature that you didn't want to get rid of, this is a good start...

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts01.php?page=1#corralitunesdupes

It lets you decide the criteria for duplicate songs, such as same artist, title, <em>and</em> album, so that you don't get different versions of the same song deleted. The script puts them all in a new playlist, and if you want to delete them from there, just select which ones you want to delete and option+delete will delete them from your library, not just the playlist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.