• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
So about the Safari icons/shortcuts or whatever they are called that appears at first, i can’t delete most of them on my iPhone XS on iOS 12.
Most often when i press and hold them it uses the 3D touch instead and hence shows a preview of the website.
So i have problems getting the icons to show “delete” .
On a few icons i managed to get the delete button so i could delete them, but on most i can't.
I have tried changing the sensitivity on 3D Touch in order to not get the 3D Touch function so easily, but that did not help.
I have no problems getting for example apps to wiggle, so it seems to be only the Safari icons as far as i can see?

So is there any known reason for this happening, is it a known problem in iOS 12? And is there any solutions to this?

Is there some other way to delete individual Safari icons/shortcuts directly from the phone?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
No problem for me. I hold and the delete prompt appears

Comment

Puonti

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2011
Two ideas:

1) Don't "press" to make icons wiggle - simply rest your finger on the icon for a moment

2) If you for some reason find other icons easier to make wiggle, then do that - the Safari shortcuts will also start to wiggle and show the "x" icon. You can then delete them

Comment

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Me personally, I just disable them cuz they annoyed me haha.

If anyone is curious Settings -> Safari -> Frequently Visited Sites

Comment

bransoj

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2013
1) Don't "press" to make icons wiggle - simply rest your finger on the icon for a moment
Its this...on mine where i have them enabled if you do a 3D touch then it will peek the webpage. Its simply a case of resting your finger on it and then the delete pop up will show.

Comment

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Thanks for your answers. Actually it now worked by " just resting the finger", but im sure I tried that before, since I tried for like 30 minutes in every possible way I could come up with.

But now it works, thanks.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.