Delete swipe is unreliable

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DylanG, Jul 24, 2007.

1. DylanG macrumors regular

DylanG

Anyone have a tip for making this work consistently. About half the time I either do a little scroll or end up going into the message. I feel like a tard.

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

me too.

I iwsh they would do an update with a "delete all" option already :(

3. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

I found that if you swipe from half way and make sure your finger swipes off the screen then it works better.

4. eescabar macrumors newbie

eescabar

Wirelessly posted (ipwn: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

I found the opposite to be true. Start at the beginning of the message and swipe half way. Seems to work best for me

It is a pain to delete only one email at a time. I had to start filtering all me email via gmail. I get a dump truck full of spam from a via a non- profit address that fowards to me!!!!

5. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

For me, it seems to work better if I do it faster as opposed to slower.

6. DylanG thread starter macrumors regular

DylanG

Thanks. This is working well for me now.

7. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

what I noticed is that while the mail program is updating, the delete swipe is less responsive.