Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Аррlе

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2016
I use Mac for my job (custom applications) but I don't need many features on Mac.
MacOS (incl latest OS X) looks like bloatware. Why is my system full of callhistory (I don't own iPhone), or calendar sync... when I need all computing resources only for that I need.
I want to delete:
  • Mail
  • Contacts
  • Calendar
  • Photos
  • Photo Booth
  • iTunes
  • Chess
  • FaceTime
  • GameCenter
  • iBooks
  • Launchpad
  • Maps
  • Time Machine

I wonder anyone tried that?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Delete/turn off what you want, but know that there's no easy way to re-install many of the default system apps (Mail, Calendar, etc.).
But they're not using any resources, save for a little bit of disk space, if they're not launched and running.

rich1812

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2015
earth
I use Mac for my job (custom applications) but I don't need many features on Mac.
MacOS (incl latest OS X) looks like bloatware. Why is my system full of callhistory (I don't own iPhone), or calendar sync... when I need all computing resources only for that I need.
I want to delete:
  • Mail
  • Contacts
  • Calendar
  • Photos
  • Photo Booth
  • iTunes
  • Chess
  • FaceTime
  • GameCenter
  • iBooks
  • Launchpad
  • Maps
  • Time Machine

I wonder anyone tried that?

I hate those reinstalled app as well so I removed them as much as I can. But some apps better leave them live their miserable life. I got in trouble deleted them, if I remember correctly. iTunes, Mail and Time machine. I ended up have to re-install the OS. :(

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Just create a folder called useless Apple Apps and stash it on the last page. But seeing this isn't an iPhone that won't be an issue. :p

HallStevenson

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2012
Software update will get confused if it does not find the pre-installed apps.
Plus, it doesn't look or search for them either. It expects them to be in /Applications and if not, it will add a 2nd copy. I tried to move apps that I didn't use or want to a sub-folder of Applications and I ended up with (2) copies of anything that I moved.

rich1812

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2015
earth
Unless you don't want Apple's software update. Every time it updates, all the junks will come back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.