Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
i used redsn0w to jailbreak my iphone4. current firmware i have on it is 4.3.4 and i wanted to update 5 too have all the cool new additions. i wanted to restore my phone first to get rid of the jailbreak, but after itunes is done backing it up (which takes a while) it comes up and says "The iphone could not be restored. This device isnt eligible for the requested build." i made sure i had the most recent itunes and i restarted my computer but neither worked. ive read people saying that there are settings i would have to change cuz the jailbreak doesnt allow you to restore, or id have to play around with the hosts, something like that that i didnt uderstand fully. if anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. thank youuuuu

The reason you received that message because Apple is no longer signed OS5. So, you will have to restore/upgrade to the latest 5.0.1.

Once your phone is upgraded/restored to 5.0.1, then use redsn0w 0.9.10b3 to jailbreak it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.