[delete]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macguin, Mar 13, 2012.

1. macguin, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

macguin macrumors newbie

2. wpotere Guest

No. It is a phone, it will get scratches.

3. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

That phone looks so dusty and dirty! The bumper only makes scratches on the side from excessive pressure....like the kind from keeping the phone in your pocket with tight jeans. You can go get some Ghost armor and put it on the side to cover them up. http://www.ghost-armor.com/Apple/662.html Try to locate a kiosk near you in a mall. Go get some micro fiber cloths from Bed/bath/beyond and clean your phone daily...(am I wrong about a dirty phone)? That earphone jack looked like it was full of lint. If you get the ghost armor (or similar product) put on the sides, that will protect it. To many, the iPhone is just a phone. For me, it is a jewel. I hope Apple will cover it for you. Did you buy applecare+? If you were to accidentally break the phone, it will only cost you $49.99 to replace it.

4. macguin thread starter macrumors newbie

It isn't dirty at all, is just those scratches. and my pant pockets aren't tight at all. I don't know if it's applecare+ but I know I have applecare. I view my iPhone as a jewel too, I hate seeing it scratched like this.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

the stainless steel material marks up very easily unfortunately. Best bet is to throw on the bumper and hide it.

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

The bumper did not cause the scratches, particles of dust/dirt between the bumper and the phone abraded the phone.

If Apple gives you a replacement for this, I personally blame you for at least $0.01 of my iPhone's excessive cost.

7. Superbbrr macrumors member

8. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Ok, (I guess it was the harsh flash that made it look dusty) you could check with apple. Do you have a store nearby? IF not, have you tried using some semi coarse steel wool to see if you could polish it out? I saw a post here somewhere where that was done, but he used super fine to totally polish the stainless. If you don't "accidentally" break your phone to get a new one, try the steel wool. I'm not saying purposely break your phone, but apple care+ will cover your phone for two accidental breakages and you have to pay only $50 to replace it instead of $200. And that coverage is for two years. I have the gun metal ghost armor on the sides of my phone. Sent you a PM.