Deleted BootCamp before reformat, now the space is gone?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SnowBlur, Dec 8, 2010.

1. SnowBlur macrumors newbie

Okay so I don't know what happened but before I reformatted my OS X, I deleted my 50GB Boot Camp partition, but when I reformat I notice that it says I only have "200GB" available on my HD instead of "250GB", I'm not sure what happened to the partition I "deleted"

I'm still new to a Mac, is there a way to check how much space is used already and etc? I really don't know what happened to the 50GB.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Go into disk utility, the space might still be formatted as or is just unformatted empty space.

3. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Thats probably it, you might need to use disk utility to make it into one partition again also. Could be a number of things but its not hard to get back.

4. SnowBlur thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm well before I ran Boot Camp assistant the other day and stopped the process, but the disk is still there and when I press erase nothing happens. Still don't know where the 50GB went.

5. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

What does it say it has in disk utility? Have you tried deleting the boot camp partition and resizing the disk accordingly?

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

I posted a quick screen shot for you, just look at where the mouse is pointing, Either delete the partition labeled boot camp or, if it isn't there, drag the corner of the macintosh HD partition all the way down and click apply.

[​IMG]