Deleted Camera+ app with all the pictures. Anyway to recover?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kazakh, Oct 22, 2011.

1. kazakh macrumors member

Well, we accidentally deleted Camera+ with unsaved pictures. Anyway to recover them?
    I tried restoring from backup - but app did not restore from backup. Also, it is not in iTunes since we never transferred it to it.

I am assuming these photo files have to still be somewhere on the phone. Is there a photo recover software that I can try?

I am looking at "Nice to Recover Data" software now, but I can't figure out how to make mac recognize iPhone as a disk?

What are you thoughts? Thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The only way to get them back is restoring from a backup. But as you already tried that, there is no way to get them back.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

4. kazakh thread starter macrumors member

lol i have no clue. it's my girlfriend's phone. She connected it to iTunes, and when it asked if she wants to transfer new purchases to iTunes library, she clicked "no".

----------

does backup store applications? If yes - then for some reason it didn't have Camera+ in it. If no - that explains.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Backups don't store the application itself, only the application's data.

6. kazakh thread starter macrumors member

thanks. So, if I were to re-install the app onto the phone, and then restore from a backup - would that work? Because, before iTunes removed it from the phone, it did perform a backup (i hope)

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

8. mostlylisa macrumors newbie

Possible fix

It should work to restore from a backup made while the photos were on the phone, and then reinstall Camera+ from the app store. Let me know if this works.

Thanks!

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

There's the problem there. You have to say yes. Besides, why wouldn't you want to transfer the purchase?