Deleted Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rockstar0215, May 29, 2010.

1. rockstar0215 macrumors newbie

I am already kicking myself in the head for this but my dad and I both got ourselves the iPhone 3Gs, currently at 3.1.2 with baseband 05.11.07, jailbroken with Blackra1n and sn0w installed for use on T-Mobile USA. My phone works fine with no issues, however, my father deleted the blackrain and cydia apps from his phone. The phone still works on T-Mobile with no issues but he can not download different fixes and app from cydia. What can I do to return the Cydia icon back? His phone does not have SHSH backed up nor does he have SSH enabled to respring the icon. My best guess would be to restore it or upgrade it somehow to get Cydia back or somehow remotely respring Cydia back.

2. randyc macrumors member

just try using blackra1n again? not really sure but it sounds like it'd work to me.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How did he delete the cydia icon?
    Did he use cydelete or maybe he just use poof or hid it somewhere.
    Did you say iphone 3G or 3GS models?

4. rockstar0215 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it's a 3GS.
    Blackra1n is tethered therefore plugging it in and re-jailbraking it doesn't fix it. As for how he did it, he went into the blackra1n icon and pressed uninstall. It has been a few months since he did that so not 100% sure but for sure it was in the blackra1n menu.

EDIT: Now that I remember better, he uninstalled the blackra1n app before he installed Cydia or any other client.

5. rockstar0215 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did some more searching online and there IS a way to do this. I need to use SSH to get blackra1n back on my phone. The problem is I never had cydia to allow SSH on my phone... help?

6. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Back when SSH was over my head, I used iPhone Explorer to access my files. It is similar to SSHing into your phone, but rather than doing so over wireless, it uses a tethered connection. Best of all, you do not need SSH installed or activated.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing much you can do then.
    If you try to restore and you dont have your SHSH's for 3.1.2 you will lose your JB and unlock.
    Wait a few more weeks till 4.0 is out and then you might be able to upgrade to 4.0 and JB and unlock again the new baseband.

8. rockstar0215 thread starter macrumors newbie

I found this tutorial, http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286128 but it requires SSH. Should I do that and it should work the same with iPhone Explorer?

EDIT: There is no way to change permissions on iPhone Explorer... =[