Deleted Dock from CoreServices

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by feelinpapal, Sep 30, 2012.

1. feelinpapal, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

feelinpapal macrumors newbie

I have stupidly deleted the dock app from coreservices because I'm a total Mac noob but thought I knew what I was doing. So now my computer does not have a dock. I also can't even get into the trash to see if I could get it back. Yes I've tried making new accounts and booting in safe mode and pretty much everything I could find after 3 days searching the Internet. I can't do a clean install because I don't have the original disc that came with the computer. What do I do?

EDIT: Figured out how to navigate to the Trash folder and restored the dock app, but inside it's Content folder it's empty. It won't load when I click it. This is a longshot but I think the only thing that would help is if someone who was running OSX 10.5 Leopard could zip their dock contents folder for me to download. :(

2. macuser1232 macrumors 6502a

macuser1232

Try this:

User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.dock.plist

Just trash it and restart. Your dock will be returned to it's original state.

3. feelinpapal thread starter macrumors newbie

nope. done that a million times.

more info: there is nothing in the folder when i click "view package contents" on the dock app in applcations.