Deleted duplicate fonts and now some fonts have changed?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jent, Jun 23, 2012.

1. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

I just upgraded to Lion and decided to open Font Book and run the "Validate fonts" option. It came up with some duplicate fonts, which I removed to the trash. Oddly enough, if I run the same command it still finds the same fonts as duplicates. Also, I'm sure the fonts that Safari is using for the MacRumors forums is different now. Any way I can undo what just happened or properly manage my font situation? If I open the trash there appear to be 22 identical iterations of each font that Font Book flagged. Help!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you try restarting your Mac after deleting the duplicate fonts? Do so, without emptying the Trash.

3. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

I just restarted and it's the same different font.

Here's what it looks like now that I moved supposedly duplicate fonts to the trash.

And here's a sample of two of the fonts in my trash.

Attached Files:

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It looks normal to me.

5. jent, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

The font is different from how it normally looks.

Here's a screenshot of the MacRumors Forums taken from the Guest account which has all-default settings. This is how it normally appears, and the original screenshot is how my normal account appears ever since I moved the "duplicate" fonts to the trash.

Attached Files:

6. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

I should add that when I boot into Safe Mode, the font for the MacRumors Forums and a few other sites that display the wrong font display perfectly normally. How can I get my normal user account back to that state, then?

7. jent thread starter macrumors 6502a

jent

I'll finish this thread by saying that some fonts were somehow disabled. I reenabled them in Font Book and the few websites that displayed differently went back to normal.

Here's what Font Book originally said (and still says) when I go to "Validate Fonts."

Attached Files:

8. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer