Deleted e-mail messages in locked screen

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by maclaw21, Oct 17, 2014.

1. maclaw21 macrumors regular

Whenever I delete an e-mail from my corporate/exchange account, the message notification on the locked screen does not update. This gives me the appearance that there is an unread message, but when I open the Mail app, my inbox is synced properly, and the message is deleted.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

2. tennisproha macrumors 6502a

enable Push for your email accounts in settings.

3. maclaw21 thread starter macrumors regular

I did. I turned it off and turned it back on again. That didn't fix it.

4. tennisproha macrumors 6502a

hmm. I think that's just a little inconsistence with iOS where once something gets on the lock screen it stays there until you unlock your phone. however, the email shouldn't be in Notifications for sure. it's a little quirk in iOS. I noticed it in iOS 6 as well.

5. maclaw21 thread starter macrumors regular

It didn't do this in iOS 7. I know this is a first world problem, but it's annoying because it acts as if I have new e-mail when in reality I do not.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Just dont bring down notification center from the lockscreen. It will dismiss all your notifications :p

7. maclaw21 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think you are following. I have the settings set so that I will get an alert on the lock screen when I receive a new e-mail message. That notification on the lock screen stays there, even if I delete the e-mail from my work computer (Exchange).

So I'm not talking about the notifications center, I'm talking about notifications on the lock screen.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

I believe there have been a few threads basically talking about messages being read or deleted not being synchronized with notifications--basically the notification will stay there despite a message being read or deleted through some other means (on the web or another client or something like that). Most who have experienced this have noticed it since iOS 8 although I think I've been seeing it for a few months prior with iOS 7 as well.

9. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Are you sure? Deleting an email does not trigger a new push notification.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4083

10. maclaw21 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. And the problem I have involves Exchange, not iCloud.

11. maclaw21 thread starter macrumors regular

12. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Yeah, I do follow what you're saying. If you pull the notifications down from the lockscreen it wipes out ALL lockscreen notifications.

13. maclaw21 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, well then that doesn't really address the issue, which is that my mail notifications are not properly synced with the account.

14. McFreggle macrumors 6502a

McFreggle

I'm also having this issue, and I find it extremely annoying (although it is - indeed - a first world problem).

I have my mails set up to appear on my lock screen. They come in just fine, but when I read them on another device, they don't dissappear from my lock screen.

I have two mail accounts set up: an Exchange account and an IMAP account. Both are set to Fetch (every 15 minutes). Both are having the issue (even when I wait more than 15 minutes).

This worked just fine in iOS 7. It's an iOS 8 bug, but I don't see it being addressed quickly. :-(