Deleted emails returning as new again

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by walds11, Jul 17, 2010.

1. walds11 macrumors 6502a

This happened to me twice in the past week with my yahoo email. The emails also showed up in my yahoo email account. I just deleted the emails. Very weird. Maybe a server bug or something. This actually happened to me a few times in the past as well, but did not seem like a big deal. Any ideas as to what happened?

2. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I forgot to capture the source link, but this is a know bug in Yahoo. It just cropped up & they are working on it. The issue is isolated to the mobile web, therefore it's not being experienced on the desktop.

3. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you sure it's isolated to mobile web? The deleted emails also showed up on my desktop.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

That's what was said in the article I came across. I too use Yahoo exclusively for my personal email. I had that same experience, Googled it, and found the article I mentioned. For clarification I should ad that the problem is initiated by the mobile web version of Yahoo. Once triggered, it will show up on your desktop client.

5. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the clarification. That's good that yahoo is working on the issue. The issue has been reported on others forums as well.

6. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This happened two more times this week. Dumped 100+ emails in my inbox just a little bit ago. I deleted them all on my desktop. Now it is getting frustrating. WTF!

7. w4rmk macrumors regular

w4rmk

Same thing happened to me several times over past few weeks, very frustrating"

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This happened to me as well. The iPhone says they are put away but they reappear in FireFox. It's been very bizarre and confusing for about a week now.

9. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can you post the link of the article?

10. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I assume you've emptied the "Trash" folder as well?

11. ucla95 macrumors member

Another Yahoo Mail user with the same issue! Went to the Genius bar yesterday and they told me they hadn't heard anything about it!

12. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes.

13. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here is a new problem today. Just about everytime I launch the email app, it downloads my entire inbox, no deleted emails returning as new though.

14. Matt-ATC macrumors newbie

Same problems with comcast emails.... Also I get emails from "No Sender" dated 12/31/69 Lol Seems very weird to me.

[​IMG]

15. ucla95 macrumors member

I've been getting the No Sender emails too from Yahoo. At the Genius Bar they blamed Yahoo and said nothing Apple has done has caused this - but now that we have the same issue with two service providers I think Apple needs to get on the case!

16. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Somebody needs to get on this. It's getting very annoying.

17. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I am getting the same issues with reoccuring emails and no sender emails with hotmail.