Deleted entire Mac partition - Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Pro Grammar, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Pro Grammar macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I'm brand new to the forum, so sorry if this post is under the wrong category.

I have an old iMac that I had tried to partition to run with boot camp. I have a whole story, but I don't think that it would be relavent to the solution of my issue, so I'll cut to the chase.

I don't have any OS installed on the computer currently; not Windows or Mac. The reason for this is because I'm an impatient idiot :D I deleted my Mac partition as well as both of the 200 meg partitions... -.-

I have already tried holding down alt while booting up to no avail. My only option is Windows, which leads me to a screen to install Windows Home Premium. This would all be fine if the 260 gigs of "unallocated space" was compatible with the Windows install, but upon attempting to install Windows to this partition, I get an error message.

******Update******

No more error message. Windows is supposedly installing atm....
    I will post on this thread if my issues continue...

[/FONT]

2. simsaladimbamba

Pro Grammar, but Anti Font?

Anyway, you probably have deleted the Mac OS X partition during the Windows install.

You can use your grey Restore DVD or if it is a pre-2010 Mac, the 19 USD Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard DVD from the Apple Online Store, to reinstall Mac OS X.

But as of now, if you install Windows, and then want to reinstall Mac OS X, the Windows partition will get lost.

Did you at least use Boot Camp Assistant to create the Boot Camp partition?

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. Pro Grammar thread starter macrumors newbie

My original intention was to make a Boot Camp partition with Boot Camp Assistant, but I missed a step and didn't make a partition. I have misplaced my restore DVD. I have no Lion/Leopard DVDs at all. They aren't lost, but they're misplaced :rolleyes: Idc about re-installing OSX, I'm fine with only running Windows, but will there be some lost functionality with that approach?
    thx for ur help

4. Pro Grammar thread starter macrumors newbie

I got everything running on Windows Home Premium :D. I got relatively good performance scores(fives) other than all things graphics related, which were ones. I can't get the video card to perform well with Windows. What do I need to do? I will post my error messages in a little bit.

5. Pro Grammar thread starter macrumors newbie

"video card isn't compatible with Direct3D"

I think I just need to update my video card? Has anyone had this issue before? please help.

6. Pro Grammar thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got everything running fine on my iMac running Windows Home Premium, but I am encountering issues regarding video card compatibility and audio output. These issues seem to be common with people who run windows on mac. What do I need to do to fix this? I attempted to download the appropriate Realtek audio driver for my computer to no avail.

I'm not exactly sure that I made a windows partition with Boot Camp, though. I think I might have just deleted my entire Mac partition and installed Windows.

I need help lol.

7. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

You'll need one of the snow leopard/gray discs that came with you computer, or a Mac OSX partition to use boot camp assistant for the drivers to fix the audio/video problems.