Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hey everyone,

I just updated from macOS 14.4.1 to 14.5 on my 2023 16" MacBook Pro and now I have a folder called "Recovered files" in my trash... It contains one single file named "com.apple.routined.plist.[somerandomnumberthingy]".

Is anyone else also experiencing this? What does this mean? Thanks a lot in advance!

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
That's a file from some temporary directory that's usually wiped upon restart. For some reason macOS thought that the file shouldn't be wiped, and has kept it. It's almost always junk, which is why the recovered files are stuck in the user's trash can.

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
Hey everyone,

I just updated from macOS 14.4.1 to 14.5 on my 2023 16" MacBook Pro and now I have a folder called "Recovered files" in my trash... It contains one single file named "com.apple.routined.plist.[somerandomnumberthingy]".

Is anyone else also experiencing this? What does this mean? Thanks a lot in advance!
On one of my Macs the "Recovered files" appear after any minor update,
on my other Macs it never happens.
So, Mac is not a true serial product: every Mac has an "Identity". (or such)
;JOOP!

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Thanks for the info, guys! So is it safe to delete the folder? Or should I keep it somewhere saved on my system, just in case it's still needed somehow?

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
Thanks for the info, guys! So is it safe to delete the folder? Or should I keep it somewhere saved on my system, just in case it's still needed somehow?
The fact that it was Trashed tells a story.
No worries, you'll get another one trashed soon .....
;JOOP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.