Deleted hard drive, messed up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ByeHarddrive, Aug 5, 2015.

?

This problem is

1. Solvable

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Not solvable. You're an idiot. Say bye to your laptop.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ByeHarddrive macrumors newbie

ByeHarddrive

hi all.
    I deleted my hard drive as I wanted to start fresh and new on my macbook.

I restarted then pressed cmnd+r, then opened disk utility, then erased the hard drive. I didn't know what to do next, so I restarted the computer, thing that after, it will just open up like the first time I used my macbook.

However, this is the error I get

[​IMG]

Then I restarted while pressing cmnd+r again, and this is what I get.

[​IMG]

This means "loading recuperation using internet...this may take a while."

Then the next thing that appears is this

[​IMG]

This means that I have to choose a wifi network. However, none ever appear. There is an option where u can manually enter the wifi but when i do that, it just stays loading and loading and never works.

Please guys, i need help asap since I am traveling in 24 hours and I need my laptop. Any ideas on what to do???

2. 0d085d macrumors regular

The first thing I'd do is get an ethernet cable and plug your laptop in to the router. Internet recovery should hopefully load then. There isn't a huge amount you can do to diagnose wifi connection problems since you've deleted all the tools on the hard disk...

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

WPAand WPA2 are the only supported secure WiFi modes when using internet recovery. If your router doesn't support either of those, use an Ethernet cable as the previous poster suggested.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Try to take it to a local coffee shop that offers free wifi, sounds like where you are there's no available wifi. As 9d085d posted, connecting via ethernet is probably the best, but if you're traveling that option may not be viable.