Deleted icloud account

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by haleas, Nov 28, 2014.

1. haleas macrumors newbie

Hello, I deleted my icloud account off my macbook and then my hard-drive failed, is it still possible to access my old icloud account even though I cannot turn on my laptop anymore and I deleted it off my laptop?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. haleas thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Mike Boreham, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014

Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

There have been threads about people WANTING to delete their iCloud accounts...it can't be done. Even when someone dies (my father recently) I had to send the death certificate to get his account deleted.

If you sign in to iCloud on a new computer, or your old computer with a new hard drive, tick all the boxes you want to sync, your data should still all be there, and will sync to your new computer/hard drive.

What do you mean by "your laptop device does not come up" ? Where does it not come up?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What are you trying to do? I don't understand then.

I thought you were trying to access your documents/mail that were in iCloud.

6. haleas thread starter macrumors newbie

I signed in into my iCloud account on a different computer because my laptop in currently with apple services to get a new hard drive, they did a backup and it was unsuccessful, so when I signed into my account the other device that pops up is for my iPhone, so was just curious why if my laptop information was somehow deleted or what, thanks again for all your help.

7. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

Still don't understand about " devices popping up". Where are you seeing this?

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Information on your laptop is lost, if you did not have any backups. Your email (if you use iCloud) will still be on Apple's servers. Any documents you saved on iCloud will still be on apple servers. Any other files will not be there.

I'm still not sure what you're looking to do, but hopefully the information above is a bit helpful.

bottom line, without a backup most of your data is probably gone, other then your emails.

9. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, Bookmarks, Notes, Keychain, Photos (if ICPL beta on) should all be there as well as Mail

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, but documents, images, etc wouldn't be