Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

am34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I'm completely brand new to Apple products..so PLEASE help me out!
On my new Macbook Pro I deleted all the images in the folder "All Images", which was located in Finder. I saw a lot of random images and had no clue they were important.

What should I do now? Does my Macbook Pro need those images in order to function properly?

Any help would be REALLY appreciated! Thanks!

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I'm completely brand new to Apple products..so PLEASE help me out!
On my new Macbook Pro I deleted all the images in the folder "All Images", which was located in Finder. I saw a lot of random images and had no clue they were important.

What should I do now? Does my Macbook Pro need those images in order to function properly?

Any help would be REALLY appreciated! Thanks!

Data Rescue is probably your best option.

http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_rescue.php

Paul

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
Data Rescue is probably your best option.

Paul

This is well beyond Data Rescue, many of those images will need to go back precisely where they were, as they are associated with multiple different system and other application functions. Data Rescue is concerned with retrieving files, not with putting them back where they originated, indeed it makes a point of not doing that, it saves them elsewhere. It doesn't know where any particular file should be placed.

I'd try a "put back" from the wastebasket, but you probably have trashed your system and should do a reinstall, indeed as its a new system with presumably little or none of your data on it yet, thats what I'd strongly advise, or you could have issues and glitches for years to come as programs occasionally fall over due to one or other of some obscure files being missing.

The "all images" folder is a disaster waiting to happen, its completely pointless*, I've switched it off on mine to stop idiocies of this sort occurring by accident.

*Its not as if it only shows user data images, nor is it a folder, both of which too many people think it is

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.