Deleted iPhoto and lost pics

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Chris88, May 5, 2009.

1. Chris88 macrumors member

Hi everyone, my wife did some thing of-course she does not know what she did. Any way the iPhoto was gone from my dock so I went into time machine and tried to get it back. I did get iPhoto back but all the pics are gone. Am I doing something wrong. Are did she loss all the pics

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Deleting something from the Dock doesn't mean it's gone from your hard drive.
    The Dock just holds shortcuts to whatever you put there, mostly applications.

iPhoto should be still in the Applications folder.

Your pictures are saved in a library called iPhoto Library under Macintosh HD > Users > Your Account (or whomever) > Pictures > iPhoto.

3. Chris88 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply I have found it but there is a little minus sign on the folders. It says the folder can not be open because you have sufficient access privileges.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That may be because you're logged in as user "Adam", but are accessing a folder under the user "Eve".
    If that's it, you can only access "Eve's" folders when using the "Eve" account.

If you are "Adam" and trying to access a folder under "Adam's" home folder, and can't access it, try the following:

Select the folder > right click > get info > sharing and permissions > see if you are listed with write and read privileges.

You can also get info via Cmd+I.

5. Chris88 thread starter macrumors member

Ok my friend thanks a lot I think I got it