Deleted iTunes videos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by southgeorgia, Jan 30, 2012.

1. southgeorgia macrumors newbie

I deleted several purchased videos to temporarily make room on my iphone4s and as I returned to iTunes to get them back they were gone from my purchase page and not available to redownload. When I search the names it asks me to pay again..... Is this normal? Did I just make a 30dollar mistake? Surely you don't get one download then they tell you to hit the road????? Not happy here

2. southgeorgia thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone got anything at all????? Am I ****ed? apple doesn't keep a purchase history??? Has everything have to "sinked" to a home desktop or else???

3. wpotere Guest

For movies and music it is a one time only download so yes, you are "****ed". You will have to either purchase them again or see if maybe you can recover them off your HD using a file recover tool of some sort.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

That's not how it's supposed to work, unless it's a show or movie that you just rented.

5. wpotere Guest

Just went through this with iTunes. I bought a movie and the download failed on my PC. I went to download it again and was told that I had to pay again. Movies and music have always been a one time shot, only apps were multiple downloads. Mainly because of version changes... There is no reason to allow multiple downloads of media. iTunes refunded the movie and I purchased it again.

This is how it has always worked that I am aware of and I have been using it since 2004. Did something change recently?

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

As part of iTunes in the Cloud, Apple is now allowing customers to re-download Apps, Books, Music, and TV Shows. This does not yet extend to Movies.

7. wpotere Guest

Ah yes, the iCloud something I forgot about. Still, does not apply to movies so the above still stands. Thanks for the reminder.