Deleted Mac Partition & bootcam p failed

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pienaarteta, Oct 30, 2008.

1. pienaarteta macrumors newbie

Please help, I tried to install bootcamp and it didn't work, and then when I restarted and pressed alt to choose mac, it wasn't there. I don't have mac or windows on my mac!!

I inserted the lepored disk to install and there is no hardrive to install it on!!!

Help me please.

Using new aluminum macbook 2.4ghz

i ran the windows setup - it said it worked but then there is no windows to choose from

what should I do?

2. pienaarteta thread starter macrumors newbie

please help me, as I have no way to install mac os x on my macbook as it doesn't find the hard drive, and disk utility won't let me repair.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Have you tried inserting your leopard disk & holding down the C key at bootup, then going into disk utilities or doing that and just reinstall the OS?

Oh & if you have never done this before you have to click the continue button when the language window appears, then you will be able to access the menu bar

4. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Have you actually done what you said in the thread title and deleted your Mac partition?

5. pienaarteta thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah dude. Its all a windows format partition now, no mac - windows didn't even install - no operating system - no where to install mac on.

I inseted the mac disk and got into the installer, as there was no mac os to or windows to boot into, I got into the installation and when it asked for destination there was no where to put it. I went to disk utility and my hardrive is still there - its in Windows NTS or something like that format. I can't repair it as the option is whited out.

If there is no disk in the machine in boot up it goes to a black screen with 'no bootable devices' - no operating system or cd disk to boot from.

I need help mate, this sucks.

6. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Boot up from the OS X disk that came with your Mac (hold down the C key as it boots up). You'll need to format the hard drive as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), and then reinstall OS X.

7. eman macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you loaded windows NTSF file structure onto your OS X partition. As Chillipe suggested, load your OS X restore disk and reformat your hard drive to OS X extended journaled.