Deleted Mail App on iTouch Comes Back

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BrioCloud, Feb 15, 2010.

1. BrioCloud macrumors member

Hi. I am trying to delete these old e-mails from hotmail that was long deleted on the actual server on my computer, but it is still on my iTouch mail app. I delete them from the folder, then delete them from the trash folder, close the app then open it, and all the mail comes back. What is going on? I don't want to navigate into my iTouch to delete everything, if that's what I need to do. Can somebody please help me? Thank you.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

You need to log into hotmail.com and delete them off that server.

3. BrioCloud thread starter macrumors member

I stated that I have done that on my first post.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

"the actual server on my computer" is what you said. I took that to mean on your computer but not on hotmail's servers.

Sorry if I misunderstood that.
    I had the same problem with GMail and the only solution I found was to log into gmail.com and delete them there.

5. androiphone macrumors 65816

6. BrioCloud thread starter macrumors member

I'm using hotmail, and there are no archives in my hotmail account that I can see. I delete all the e-mails on the account of hotmail, but my iTouch continues to show these old e-mails that cannot be deleted.

7. androiphone macrumors 65816

lol it was at Peace how did you set up your hotmail through pop? I dont really know why they would keep reappearing esp when they are already deleted on the server