Deleted multitask button

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by topcash, Jun 29, 2010.

1. topcash macrumors member

When I doubled clicked the home button the multitask icons appeared. I accidentally deleted the text icon and need to put it back. How can I put this back? Thanks

Iphone 4, Iso4

2. celticpride678

The Messages app? Just launch the app again and it will show up.

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

U don't get the concept of multitasking do you. But all u have to do is open the app and it will appear in the multitasking bar. I like to quit most apps after im done, it's best not to have every single app u open running in the back round even if it's not actualy doing anything.

4. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

i was under the impression they weren't actually running in the background. more of a pause with some priority updating as needed. that's how they say it doesn't eat up any computing power. and as far as i can tell from my use it's true. i've got loads in my "multitask bar" but haven't noticed any lag at all. i am gonna clear it out though. just to be tighty.

http://gizmodo.com/5512656/how-multitasking-works-in-the-new-iphone-os-40

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Apps that need actual multi-tasking (e,g., music) will run in the background as one defines traditional multi-tasking. Those that don't need this type of multi-tasking (e.g., Safari) will be paused, but ready to be started where left off. That's how I understand it. Also, quoted from the article:

6. topcash thread starter macrumors member

Ya I figured it out, the icon comes back as you use it. Thanks, I just got my iphone today and thought icons when you double click the home stayed there.