Deleted Pages files - Stellar Phoenix won't recover

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HorseVetKarie, Jun 28, 2011.

1. HorseVetKarie macrumors newbie

Hello all,

In transferring information from one mac to another, I somehow lost some .pages files in the mix.

I've downloaded (and paid for) the Stellar Phoenix recovery program which claims to be able to recover pages files (iWork files). But the files I am looking for are not there. There are a ton of other files, but no check box next to .pages to recover those types of files. I would also like my .key files back too.

Any advice? Are they listed under something else?

Thank you much in advance!!!

Karie

p.s. Both are MacBook Pro's. One is a 2008 - new one is a 2011.

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

"There are a ton of other files, but no check box next to .pages to recover those types of files. I would also like my .key files back too.
    Any advice? Are they listed under something else?"

Were all the file you're looking for originally stored in your Home folder?
    Or were they stored in another folder/directory?

Suggestion:
    Do another recovery attempt, and when you set it up (before the actual scan/scavenge), see if you can "limit" the search to your Home folder (but don't limit it as to WHICH files it will recover).

The idea is to recover as much as possible from the Home folder to your "Recovery location". You may have to "pick through things" later on.

It's my experience that when one of the "data recovery apps" does its job, it can "get files", but often loses file name and folder locations. You _might_ end up with a bunch of recovered files with funny names all grouped together. You have to do some manual "detective work" to re-identify the files you actually want.

Just some thoughts....

3. HorseVetKarie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! I will try that. Gosh this is so frustrating!