deleted parental controls in system preferences???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by countrykid333, Mar 19, 2008.

1. countrykid333 macrumors member

i was managing the accounts on my macbook the other day, and when i went to click on parental controls, in accounts it would not open. i went to system preferences home and noticed the icon missing. i was not aware of the fact that you could remove icons in system preferences.
    seeing how this is kindda a community computer, classmates, faculty, friends ect. end up using it so it is nice if you can limit there activities.

do i have to reinstall leopard or is there an other way to fix this issue??

more stupid questions to come:D:D:D
    THANKS

2. mijenkins93 macrumors newbie

go to the preferences pane and in the search bar type in parental controls and a drop box with a few words on it should come down that says parental controls and click on it and you should be able to change them.:apple:

3. countrykid333 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply.

i tried what you specified but, unfortunately it just redirected me to accounts section and still would not open parental controls.

any more replies would be appreciated

thanks

4. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

5. countrykid333 thread starter macrumors member

I was not even aware that you could(still I am not sure if that is what occured).
    does all of this mean a reinstall or is there a preferences for system preferences?
    Thanks again

6. mldmom macrumors newbie

deleted parental control icon

I hope someone can help...I bought Leopard a month ago mainly for the timer in Parental Control. Then my 15 year old son figured out the 2key combination to get the screen white text on black and changed the root password, and reset his account to administrator. Now the Parental Control icon in system prefs is completely gone, and he swears he had nothing to do with it. Do I have to reload Leopard to get Parental Control icon back? Or is it hidden in some tricky way? What is the point of Parental Controls if this idiotic holding down 2 keys circumvents it? Are there other ways he can get around Parental Controls, is it pointless to get that Parental Control icon back? Should I just be looking at another Parental Control software? I am so frustrated, I just wanted him to be logged off at 9:30, I wasn't even monitoring sites. This kid keeps getting ahead of me. Is it even possible to monitor the G5 mac? So I have the Administrator password, big deal, he still got around it. Any ideas PLEASE?