Deleted partition using disk utility please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by binknon7, Jul 9, 2013.

1. binknon7 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have restore the partition using disk utility. I know it is the wrong way to delete windows using disk utility instead of bootcamp. When I deleted windows partition and i press restore the partition so the Mac osx can use the whole partition, I think i have deleted the osx partition too!

I have all my work on my osx.
    Anyway I can get it back?

Sorry about my English :(

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you have an external HDD? Do you have any kind of install media compatible with your Mac?

3. binknon7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I do have external hdd and I do have install media compatible with my Mac :)

4. simsaladimbamba

Really? Hmm, means I have to give advice after all. ;)

Anyway, if the external HDD is formatted for Mac usage HFS+ / Mac OS Extended), and there is still enough storage space on it to install Mac OS X onto, you could install Mac OS X onto it (if the installer allows it, if not, the disk needs to be formatted again, but that would mean losing the data on it).
    Then get one of the following data recovery applications for free to scan your Mac's HDD and see, if it finds everything and then pay for the application, that found the most.

To retrieve files, that have been deleted and also been emptied from the Trash or are on unrecognisable partitions or HDDs or on accidentally formatted partitions or HDDs, you can use

• Data Rescue 3 - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
    • Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
    • FileSalvage - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
    • DiskDrill - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (79 USD)
    • Nice To Recover - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (69.95 USD)

Ups, while writing I came upon another idea. There is a tool called gParted, it is free and comes in the form of an image for a Live CD (a CD you can boot from) and is able to restore destroyed partition tables. Maybe give that a try first before purchasing data recovery software. I used it once many years ago successfully, but am not able to give you a step by step tutorial, of which there are plenty already out there.

Good luck.

5. binknon7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I love youuuu!! Haha I mean really thank you for your advice! You really give me hopes! I will try it now and let you know!

Thank you so so much!:)

6. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

7. binknon7 thread starter macrumors newbie