Deleted Photos - odd

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Freis968, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I think the pics speak for themselves. When I delete pics from my iPhone these black squares are left behind. Never an issue with my 1st iPhone. Anyone else experiencing this?

Attached Files:

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I do not have that issue. Did you perform Restore as New or use a 3GS backup?

Do they show in iPhoto?

3. BornToMac macrumors 6502a

BornToMac

I had this same problem but when I accessed the photos through the camera, the black boxes were gone and the deleted pics were removed as well. I think it is a bug that appears when you delete multiple photos from directly within the camera roll. It should go away after a restart or on it's own.

4. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

I had this issue today after syncing, as stated above when I did a hard reset it resolved itself:confused:

5. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

All you have to do is restart the phone. Just power off and turn it back on.

Should be fixed.

6. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I have also had this issue. I restored from a 3GS backup so I may restore and set up as a new phone to hopefully avoid other issues that my pop up.

7. jalisco macrumors newbie

8. BornToMac macrumors 6502a

BornToMac

Just updated itunes and iphone to 4.0.1 and it seems the problem has been solved.

9. jalisco macrumors newbie

I have both updated but the problem is still there... :confused:

10. bwapod macrumors member

this has happened to me on my iPhone 4 a few times. it usually happens right after syncing with my computer, and usually exiting the photo app then waiting a few minutes, then going back in fixes it. or restarting the phone as a few have said.

I'm on 4.0.1, restored from a 3GS.