Deleted Photos / Videos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mockba08, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Mockba08 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Made a rookie mistake of epic proportions.

I took a load of photos / videos from my holiday in June on my iphone and deleted a few of them a few weeks later thinking I'd backed them on my PC.. I hadn't.

I don't use icloud. Is there any way whatsoever of getting them back? I'll have synced/backed up my iphone in the weeks following my holiday with them still on.

Is there a way of restoring to a certain date, retrieving them then returning back to today's date with another restore?

Thanks.

2. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I don't think so, but I'm not positive.

For the future, though, if you have either an Amazon or Microsoft account, you have at least 10 GB of cloud backup available. Download one of their apps, sign into your account, and turn on automatic backup. It will back all your photos up to your account when you're in WiFi and you'll never lose another photo (unless you delete it first, of course).

P.S. I think your photos are gone because you've synced your phone several times.

3. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Without iCloud set up, it won't even distribute that way. Your best bet is to find some recovery software specific to the iPhone, but I give it very little chance of success with the memory being SSD. Set up iCloud for photo sharing and have it sync to your computer at home...it doesn't use any space and will keep the last 1000 photos.