Deleted plist file - Not Repopulating

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mackenzilynn, Oct 30, 2013.

1. mackenzilynn macrumors newbie

mackenzilynn

Hello all,

I was having some issues with my Airport card not being recognized. A tech crew troubleshooted it, deleted a few plist files, restarted in safe mode - and the airport card worked again.

Then i installed Maverick, and once it started up the airport card was not working. I deleted the same plist files, restarted in safe mode - no go. I went back to the plist file folder and saw that

com.apple.airport.preferences.plist did not repopulate upon the reboot.

I've tried it all, restarting normally, restarting in safe mode, holding down the power button until it 'crashes'.

Whats more is that when I open network preferences, it only shows Ethernet and Bluetooth - Airport isnt even on the list anymore.

ANY suggestions would be great, I need to get that plist file back some way - and get my computer to recognize airport.

Thanks in advance!

2. trevm999 macrumors member

I'd say that your problem probably isn't with the plist file. The techs probably did an SMC reset, sometimes that can make a failing airport card work again for a little while. I would take it back to them and have them re-diagnose the issue.