Deleted SL OS off the partition, I'm stuck on windows 7

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DrewWhiting, Aug 7, 2012.

1. DrewWhiting macrumors newbie

I've read through forums but haven't found anyone in the same predicament as me so i thought i'd make a post in hope somebody could help me. I'll say the steps i took and what i've tried so far to narrow down the possible solutions.

I was double booting with SL OS on one partition of my mac desktop and another partition as windows 7 which i was planning on using for games. After downloading windows 7 i didn't have enough room for shogun/ empire total war. So i went back onto SL and transferred more memory over to windows.

For ages i was trying to give windows 7 more memory but instead all i could get was unallocated partitions which were on the left ( you need them on the right for you to be able to expand) So i downloaded a disk utility program and was playing around trying to join the unalloacted partition onto the windows partition. I got fed up and went to click off this program and something happened and it wiped the partition so when i go to boot up in SL using the options/ alt key it only gives the option of windows 7 and nothing else. The partitions which used to hold the SL on are now saying -Healthy (GPT protective partitons) - Healthy primary partitions - unallocated (this was the memory i couldn't get to merge with windows) - C: NTFS Healthy (system, boot, page file, active, crash dump, primary -

This is the order and what they say of the partitions. Apart from that i dont know what else do to and i only have a windows 7 installtion disk as the mac i have i was given off my missus and she has no idea where the cd is.

Any help if more than appreciated! Thanks

2. RedCroissant Suspended

If you don't have the original disc, I would recommend taking it in to get it fixed. Apple will have the original discs needed and they could most likely repartition the drive and have it set up properly. They might even help you allocate space better.

3. DrewWhiting thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to see if i have any other options, it's not like a light weight laptop. This desktops a beast to be lugging around

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Without the original disks you are going to struggle...You can buy them and do it yourself, contact Apple with the exact make and model no. They will sell you replacements.