Deleted system folder and can't reboot with iTunes because it's password protected

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sir.billdavid, Jan 29, 2013.

1. sir.billdavid macrumors newbie

i was just goofing around with my iphone3gs and i "accidentaly deleted the system folder and now i can't use it because everytime i open it it just stays in the apple logo i tried using itunes to reboot but itunes can't access it because it is password protected.....

does anyone know how to fix this?? please the phone has a sentimental value to me..:(

:(

2. phillipduran macrumors 65816

phillipduran

Does iTunes see the iPhone when you plug it in to the computer?

Do you have the option to restore from the backup? I don't recommend trying that right now, just curious if you have the option.

3. sir.billdavid thread starter macrumors newbie

yes itunes sees it but it can't access my iphone because it's password protected

4. sir.billdavid thread starter macrumors newbie

5. sir.billdavid thread starter macrumors newbie

and then?? And also how can i do that if i can't even tun it on??

6. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

http://thebigboss.org/guides-iphone-ipod-ipad/dfu-mode

Use this to enter DFU mode. Basically, what this does is let you restore your iDevice's firmware that should work 100%. Go to felixbruns.de and download the latest firmware and restore. By doing this, iTunes shouldn't have a problem telling you that its password protected.