Deleted too much

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gottrilife, Jan 20, 2011.

1. gottrilife macrumors newbie

Got an iphone 3g from a friend because they upgraded. I was trying to setup an email account when I saw their info was still in the phone. So I deleted it. All of it. So now when I try to setup a new account, there isn't an option at the top, after picking carrier account(gmail), that says pop, imap,exchange. This part has been deleted by me, not knowing that it would take it completely off the phone, and now I can't setup a new email account.

2. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

What you missed an oportunity to read your friend email:eek:
    Jokes asside just restore it in itunes and you'll be fine

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Settings>Mail.....>Add new account >Gmail. What's the problem?

4. gottrilife thread starter macrumors newbie

Cannot connect to ssl, then Says the imap is not responding, and make sure you entered the correct informetion in the incoming mail server field, thus lies the problem, I don't have that field or option because it was deleted.

5. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

Com on just restore it via itunes and you'l be fine it can't be that hard can it?

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

As Aggie said, if you click add account, the information on that page is the incoming server info. the only thing that you can possibly delete is the info from a previous account. you can't delete anything in there that's gonna hurt, if your just trying to "add" a new account. However, if you want to go to the trouble to restore as new, go ahead.