deleted user MBP13 help!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tallpaul, Jun 24, 2009.

1. tallpaul macrumors member

I recently helped a friend of mine migrate from his MB unibody to a MBP 13 but he created a another user, he then deleted the wrong user and ended up deleting the user with about 350mb worth of files and most importantly all his emails in entourgage!

There is no disk image in deleted users so I am currently running an advanced scan on his complete hard drive to try to find some of th lost files(nothing has been written to the hard drive since this happened yesterday)

Would anyone have any advice as where to look for the old deleted user once the scan brings up the file tree?

apologies if I have posted in the wrong area as I use a G4 PB and my friend's is a MBP 13

thanks in adance

Paul

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. tallpaul thread starter macrumors member

he deleted all that info when he gave the old MBALu to his girlfriend, come to think of it though that was only a week ago but I remenber him trashing everything although the user is still there.

She's been using it for over a week so I don't know how much over writing could have been done.

Paul

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Ah, that's unfortunate. I don't think I'd bother trying to get the files back off of the machine in that case.

5. tallpaul thread starter macrumors member

With StellarPhoneix Recovery software now running an advanced scan on the entire 250GB drive, any ideas o where the deleted files might be?

I can search for some documents as I know their names but the entourage files, should I just sort by RGE file type?

stellar software is currently locked up as it tries to insert lost files, I'm just going to leave it for another hour and see what happens.

i rang Apple customer car and they referred me to an Apple Store!

Paul