Deleted Video Files Still Take Up Space

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by superepicfailur, Apr 24, 2009.

1. superepicfailur macrumors newbie

Hey Guys, this my first post, probably because I don't normally need help for what I do with my iPod, but here's my situation:

I have an 8GB iPod Touch and have a large number of music files I want to upload. In order to compensate for this, I deleted all of my video files to create space for my music. Thus, I should have made more room, removing 1.13GB of space. Apparently, my iPod doesn't recognize this, so i have nonexistant files taking up space, which really sucks.

Normally, I would reset the iPod and make progress from there, but I can't take my numerous music files that I have uploaded off of my iPod and put them in a temporary folder or something. Thus, this would take up a lot of time. Any suggestions?

~Will

2. P140897 macrumors member

No Idea

if you still have the music on itunes you could reset your ipod and then sync it to itunes if you don't you could visit the support page on the apple website

3. superepicfailur thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have them in iTunes, but i do have them backed up on my LaCie hard drive. It's just that I don't want to reset my iPod and take all of the time to upload all of my music back on it, but if so, that's okay. I think that's what i'll have to do... *sigh*