Deleted Vista, MBP still tries to boot it...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Tsuchiya, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Hi, I decided to delete the Vista Ultimate partition I had on my Mac and went through the usual means by going through Boot Camp Assistant to delete the partition.

There were no known issues until I went to boot up my Macbook Pro again. Instead of flashing the Apple logo and proceeding to Leopard, I get the off-white screen followed by a black one with a message telling me to insert a boot disk to continue.

This happens every time, so when I turn on my laptop I have to hold down the alt/option button to manually boot up 10.5.

It's quite annoying...how do I fix this problem?

If it helps, I am running a 15.4 Macbook Pro with 10.5.4 and I had installed Windows Vista Ultimate, but the 64-bit version. I was also using the default version of Boot Camp Assistant preloaded with Leopard (incompatibility being one of the main reasons I deleted the said partition).

Cheers!:)

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

In System Preferences>Startup Disk, then select your Leopard Partition. That should fix it.

TEG