Deleteing Developer tools off my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacBoii56, Feb 13, 2010.

1. MacBoii56 macrumors newbie

hey
    im trying to get rid of my 3.1.2 dev tools because im upgrading to 3.1.3
    and i try this "sudo perl /Developer/Tools/uninstall-devtools.pl" but after i do that in terminal is says cant find the unistaller for devtools so can anyone help find a way to get rid of these devtools thanks!

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Since youre just going from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 cant you just drag the HD/Developer folder to the trash and then install 3.1.3. Im pretty sure thatll then overwrite any files it needs that are anywhere else.

3. benjamin747 macrumors member

Try: sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools

If that still doesn't work use these 2 scripts attached. Use the uninstall devtools first. (Double click it)

I hope you enjoy them!

Attached Files:

4. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

library/uninstall-devtools
    and cache too, I think. All the usual suspects. There is an app for clearing out all the junk...

5. benjamin747 macrumors member

This is basically over. Those are the scripts he needed.

6. MacBoii56 thread starter macrumors newbie

wondering

i was wondering if i just download 3.1.3 will just overwrite the files and just install the 3.1.3 editon over the 3.1.2 so its sorta like updating developer tools

could i just do that?

7. benjamin747 macrumors member

Well I haven't checked if there are more files. Your best bet is to use those scripts than install 3.13...

8. MacBoii56 thread starter macrumors newbie

you can just install 3.1.3 then it will overwrite the 3.1.2 files because when i install my 3.1.3 it says that it is upgrading not install so i guess you can just overwrite them thanks for the files anywase and i was wondering if you would want to join my forum im gonna start making its called

http://www.virtualeagle.freeforums.org/

this forum is almost like macrumors i want to make this forum almost like it but better and was wondering if you would like to join i would make your a mod and once we get 15$ donated ill make it http://www.virtualeagle.com

so come in join!
    ill send you a email so i can start talkin with you more