Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
I've just upgraded to 10.5 and iLife 08, all going fine so far...

Only snag is iPhoto has made an event for pretty much every day i've taken any photos :eek:

So basically i've got a good few hundred of em, now, i would hope i can delete the events, while keeping the pics intact, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I'm i really only left with having to manually move all my pics around between the events

Oh, and my old camera had a battery life of around 10 mins, after that it would promptly forget the date, so i've got a few hundred pics with a date of Jan 01 1999, they are all lumped into one event

Lastly, i've also got loads of pics taken for reference of car parts and the like, with obviously aren't events

I am noting that Events comes under Library, suggesting it's an all or nothing kind of thing, but you never know :rolleyes:

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Not at the mac now -- at work on windows, so doing this from memory. On the sidebar on the left, above "Events" I believe there is an option for "Library". Choose that one and you will have a structure like pre-iPhoto '07 -- rolls. You can move your photos around into and out of rolls, rename, etc.

Also, using the Batch Change under the Photos tab, you can change the dates on your photos - in '07 you have several more options as well. That should help with the photos that are all one date.

Indeed, deleting an "event" will delete the photo from iPhoto and the library -- don't do it unless you are sure you don't want anything in that event any more.
Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.