Deleting a network or network password permanently

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by supercristie, Aug 1, 2012.

1. supercristie macrumors newbie

My apologies for the simplicity of the query, but I have now spent way too long trying to permanently delete a wireless network, or if that is impossible, the password for a wireless network. I don't mind that the network is discoverable, I just want it removed from my mac and not able to sign into it without knowing the new password... surely this is possible??

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Open System Preferences->Network pane and at the top of the pane is the 'Location' drop-down. choose the 'Edit location' then use the + sign to add a new custom named Location name (it's will act actually like 'Automatic', so don't worry). Then after you close the drop-down make sure you click the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the Network pane to totally save this new Location.

Also in the system preferences-.Accounts pane give the 'child' only a standard user account. Do the same for your wife. :eek:

3. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I'm assuming this post is a reply to the wrong thread..

OP, Go into applications/utilities and open the keychain access app. On the left side select system at the top and then passwords at the bottom. Look for the SSID for the network and right click and select "delete." This will delete the password saved for the network and prompt you to enter the password the next time you try to log in.