Deleting a pending Download

Discussion in 'iPod' started by stockcerts, Mar 9, 2009.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I have a pending download in ITunes on my IPhone. The download is over 10mb, so I keep getting a msg that it's too big to download unless I have a wifi connection. At this point I'd just like to remove the download so I stop getting the error msg. How do you delete a pending download from the ITunes on your IPhone?

Thanks!

2. BigAMc macrumors newbie

Ditto

I'm having the same problem and would LOVE to hear if someone's got an answer...

3. Kimmer62 macrumors newbie

This worked for me

In the download section of iTunes on your iphone swipe your finger from right to left across the selection. You should get a delete button. And simply touch this button.

For a problem like this that probably happens alot and an answer this easy one wonders why there couldn't be a help button on the application or a delete button.

4. boothbob macrumors newbie

How to get permanently cancel download of HD iTunes video

I ordered a season of shows through the iTunes store, and for some reason I got both the HD (High Definition) and "regular" versions (didn't see the option to choose which type to get).
    I paused download of all the HD; they're too big for the internet cafe wifi connection I use. I downloaded and watched the "regular" versions. Fun.

But now, whenever I try to download anything else from iTunes the HD versions of all these episodes try to start downloading again.

How do I permanently cancel the download of these shows?

In the Downloads panel I can "Pause All" for a temporary stop... and I can Ctrl-Click and get the context menu with the "Delete" option (removes from the list until next time I try downloading something), but neither is the permanent cancellation that I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Bob

5. Elric77 macrumors newbie

Elric77

This does not work on "stuck" pending downloads, just saying. If it was "that easy" we wouldn't be asking ;)

6. RedOrchestra Suspended

Well, since the problem was posted SEVEN years ago, hopefully they got it all figured out.

7. Elric77 macrumors newbie

Elric77

Unfortunately they have not.

8. RedOrchestra Suspended

We haven't heard from the OP in SEVEN years - I'm pretty sure they don't even own that iPhone anymore.