deleting a sticky note from a pdf in preview

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GadgetNeil, Feb 5, 2008.

1. GadgetNeil macrumors newbie

Recently found out that there is a really cool feature when reading pdf files in preview. You can add notes, that show in a side column. in the file itself, it shows just a little yellow square that looks like a dialogue box from a cartoon, but yellow in side with lines (ie: a reminder that there is a note attached)

To me, when reading professional articles I've downloaded, it's a great feature. It's just like making notes in an article, or on sticky notes, but it's all stored in one place, with the article's pdf file.

My question (and perhaps there will turn out to be a simple answer I've overlooked) is: How do you delete one of these notes if you don't want it anymore? I've tried everything I can think of, and can't figure it out.

Anyone know the answer?

2. MurphyM macrumors 6502

Text selection tool, double click the bubble. Gray box appears around bubble. Hit delete.

Attached Files:

• note.png
      note.png
      File size:
      32.8 KB
      Views:
  3. GadgetNeil thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!
    That's a big help - figured it was something obvious like that, but sometimes it's these little things that make a big difference (in fact, just yesterday, I happened to read a "tip" about scrolling by moving swiping downward on the track pad with 2 fingers - it was like a light bulb went off!)

Love this forum -it's great how many people are helping new users with such quick replies :)

4. apoz macrumors newbie

print

how can you print these sticky notes???

5. wolmarvelterop macrumors newbie

hey, thanks very much for the help. I have a question about the grey area on the left that remains though. This annoys the hell out of me. When you open a PDF, there's no grey on either side. When you add a note, the grey area appears for the note, but when you delete the note, the grey area doesn't shrink back down. I can't even begin to tell you how annoying I find this. Can you help me?

6. wolmarvelterop macrumors newbie

and before you ask, I have tried resizing the window, and it does nothing. But for some reason when I change it to view single page, instead of single page continuous, then the grey area disappears

7. wolmarvelterop macrumors newbie

sorry, should also mention that I hate single page, and want it on single page continuous, but also want the grey area to vanish. I have tried everything I could think of, but nothing works