Deleting a Template in Pages - Can't Find the Folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RJWalicki, Sep 14, 2011.

1. RJWalicki macrumors newbie

I found an old post on this topic but it didn't work for me. I'm pretty new to Mac, but was able to locate the Applications Support folder, then iWork, but from that point forward I don't see a My Templates folder (or Templates for that matter) -- just Content and Frameworks. So I haven't been able to get to the Template to erase it. Typing in the name of the template just brings up all sorts of unrelated documents. I'm using Lion. Has something changed on this since Leopard? :eek:

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

You're probably not in the correct Application Support folder. Templates are located in the Application Support folder in your home library. If you're using Lion, the 'door' to the library is hidden. In Finder, hold down the Option key while clicking on the Go menu. About halfway down you'll find your Library. Select this then go to Application Support > iWork > Pages > Templates > My Templates.

3. RJWalicki thread starter macrumors newbie

You were right!

Thanks so much Peggy. That did handle the issue pretty easily once I knew where to look. :) Kind of odd, hiding the folder, though. I wouldn't have thought to reveal it that way without the direction . . . .