iPad Deleting all emails at once on iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by luckylisp, Nov 6, 2013.

1. luckylisp macrumors 6502

Can someone please tell me how to do this? When I click edit, then mark all, the only two options it gives me are flag and mark as read. No delete option. Am I missing something? :confused:

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

3. luckylisp thread starter macrumors 6502

Not that I can see??

4. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Delete your mail account (or turn off the option for "Mail" in the account) then all your e-mails will disappear.

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm assuming you want to delete all your emails from your account? I think you need to have Apple delete your account for that or use iCloud in a browser.

6. luckylisp thread starter macrumors 6502

I just want to delete my daily emails that accumulate, not the actual account.

Just on a daily basis, is what I mean. I read most of the emails on another computer and they can accumulate pretty quickly on my iPad. I've been having to go through and delete them one by one and just assumed there was a faster "delete all" way that I'm missing, but maybe not...

7. raw911 macrumors regular

Nice..... I'm looking for answer to this also. I have same issue. Then I'm deleting email 1 x1 on my other iOS devices

8. sao309 macrumors newbie

Sorry...me too

There is not a way to do what you want. 1x1 is the only option when you have POP server. I changed to IMAP (Gmail) so that mail stays in sync on all devices. Then when Mavericks came out that feature stopped working. I expect an update to fix it. But, for your question, a POP server requires you to delete separately on every device. Horrible. A delete all would certainly help, but not there.

9. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Settings -> Mail -> account you want to change -> advanced

Make sure deleted mailbox is checked, under move deleted messages.