Deleting all traces of an app?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eleven7, Sep 10, 2012.

1. eleven7 macrumors regular

Is there an app like appzapper for iOS that will delete an app and ALL it's associated files?

I updated the HULU plus app on my iPad a couple of months back and it had a bug that would only let me play one video then the next time I went to play a video it would freeze.

Anyway, they finally updated the app which supposedly fixed the bugs but it's still does the same thing; after a fresh re-install I can play one video but the next time the app freezes and I have to delete/re-install again.

When I reinstall the app, it automatically signs me back into my account which leads me to believe that when I "delete" it, it still leaves some files on my iPad which could be where the problem is. Also, the new version also works fine on my iPhone and no one I know seems to be having a problem with the app on their ipad so I don't think it's a bug. The only thing I can think to do is to do a complete restore but thought I would check to see if anyone has any other suggestions. I have had a look for any files with iFile but can't find anything. :(

2. inspirations365 macrumors regular

Have you tried a respring/restart (do both) after deleting the app? That might help.

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Yeah try a restart and also try removing the app during a sync on iTunes, if that fails try a restore.

Apps on iOS shouldn't leave much behind, there is no app zapper equivalent on iOS. 3rd party apps cannot uninstall other apps.