Deleting app on iPhone 5 in iOS 7.1

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Drgnldy1, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Drgnldy1 macrumors newbie

Drgnldy1

I just tried to delete an app on my iPhone 5 with the new iOS 7.1 update and when I hold on the app until it's shaking, there is no small "x" appearing that will enable me to delete the app. And there is no delete option in Settings, General, Usage when I tap on the app. Has anyone else seen this?

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

What app is it?

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

If it's a stock app (Weather, Passbook, etc) you can't delete them. You can only delete apps installed from the App Store.

Unless it is an App Store app you are trying to delete, in which case, I'm not sure what's going on there.

4. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

Can you check Settings > General > Restrictions > Deleting Apps.

5. Drgnldy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Drgnldy1

Deleting iPhone app in iOS 7.1 on iPhone 5

The apps is an iTunes store app - not a resident (stock) app. I checked my Restrictions and that was the issue. Thanks! I forgot to check that setting. However, when I leave the restrictions in place but allow deleting apps, I still get the same problem. If I disable restrictions completely, I can again delete the app on the iPhone. It's not a big deal - I can always delete in iTunes and sync. But it's odd.

6. Drgnldy1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Drgnldy1

Ok - Thank you everyone. I took restrictions off, put it back on and made sure my settings were what I wanted. Then I rebooted the phone and everything works fine. Stranger things have happened.