Deleting Application off of System Preferences

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by D-macdude, Nov 23, 2007.

1. D-macdude macrumors newbie

I recently installed this application called Flip4mac to view a video online and it installed an icon into my system preferences pane. I have now uninstalled the application using AppZapper and when I go into my system preferences pane it still shows up under "other". How do I delete it out of my system preferences pane? Thanks for all your help.

2. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

Deleting Application off of System Preferences

Not a problem.

You're looking for a PreferencePane. Specifically "Flip4Mac WMV.prefPane" This is located in Library. At the top level of your main hard disk.

Clip on your main disk. The next screen will show you 4 choices, Applications, Library, System, Users.

Click on Library, then PreferencePanes, and you'll find the Flip4Mac pane.

A better way to accomplish a deletion of a program. Is to search for all reference to Flip4Mac. You'll be given a list that contains every reference to Flip4Mac, on your hard disk. And you can delete all of them.

3. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

You really, really want Flip4Mac installed on your computer. Why uninstall it?

4. zweigand macrumors 6502a

zweigand

To remove a third-party pref pane all you have to do is right-click on it and choose the remove option that appears.

5. ~David macrumors regular

~David

Complicated enough?

All you have to do is open System Preferences, right click on the item you want to remove and select "Remove ~item name here~ Preference Pane".

Edit: Beaten by zweigand :rolleyes:

6. bnkg99 macrumors newbie

salling clicker

hi,
    i downloaded an application called salling clicker, it is supposed to connect your phone and computer thru bluetooth. i want to delete it and install an older version which i prefer.
    I removed the app from the preference pane and when i try and reinstall the older version i get an error saying i have a newer version installed.

can anyone help me completely remove the newer version.

i have already tried using spotlight and such to find all the files associated with the app.

thank you,