deleting apps completely

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bianca0510, Nov 28, 2008.

1. bianca0510 macrumors newbie

i know this has already been posted somewhere i just can seem to find it, i just got a touch and i want to know how to delete an app completely. not just from my homepage but so that it isnt taking up space any more.
    thanks.

2. bianca0510 thread starter macrumors newbie

also, none of downloaded apps see to be working after i updated

3. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

When you delete them off the home screen they're completely gone.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Connect the iPod to iTunes. When the screen showing your iPod's details appears, select the tab at the top of the screen that says "Applications" and you can select the apps that you want to be synced to your iPod. If you don't check an app, it won't be copied to your iPod and therefore won't take up any space on it.

5. bianca0510 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, but why wont the apps that i want to work work. they worked before i did the 2.2 update now they start, nothing loads and the quit.

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I think it's something with the 2.2 update, it's been happening to myself and many others too. The Facebook app especially has become horrible to use.

7. bianca0510 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah. myspace, aim, facebook none of them work. its so annoying. how can this be fixed? does anyone know?

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The most that can be done is to try a restore of the iPod (which downloads the software and reinstalls it)...I really hope Apple gives us a fix soon, because it's incredibly annoying.

9. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

wow i nvr realized how lucky i am.

i dont have dead pixels, i dont have safari crashes, i didnt have the WPA problem w/ 2.1.1, mail deletes in 2.2 AND no app crashes in 2.2 including facebook.

10. bianca0510 thread starter macrumors newbie

i restored my touch and things see to be working alright now....*fingers crossed*

11. iOwnxD macrumors member

just wait for the apps to be compatible with 2.2, a lot of apps i have have been updated to 2.2 and now they work fine and some still don't