Deleting apps = instant free space?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ja Di ksw, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

If I delete my apps on the iPad, and do not sync it with the computer, is the space instantly free? I have a mostly full iPad I want to take on a trip (not bringing computer), but at my destination I want to free up space to store photos I take on the trip (I have the adapter). If I delete all my apps and everything, does it free up the space to store my pics, or is the space not free until I sync it again? Thanks a bunch :)

2. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

3. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Same with videos if you have any large movies on there.

4. emettsantucci macrumors member

emettsantucci

It doesn't give you quite the same amount back. On my iPad 2 i wanted to download an app, so i deleted one that was bigger, but it still wouldn't let me download the smaller one because it said i was out of space...

5. henry72, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011

henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Yes but you will lose all your app's data :eek:

My suggestion would be get a lagerer memory card for your camera instead. Because at the moment you can't edit much on the iPad unless Apple release Aperture for iPad.

By the way, have a nice trip with your iPad ;)

6. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Unless you're shooting RAW, photos shouldn't take up that much space.

Alternatively, you can upload to Flickr/Photobucket/Facebook directly from the camera (using the adapter of course) without "storing" them on iPad. Will you have an internet connection where you're going?