Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daino92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Montana
I notice when I delete an app from the finder and drag it to the trash, then delete it from there, some files are still around after the app is deleted and in the security portion, they are still showing accesses to certain things. Is this supposed to happen? Is there a way to delete the app and all of the files and settings?

Thanks!

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
Yes,

In finder type in the app to delete, Hit the "+" on the right, Then far left choose "System Files" then to the right of that choose "are included" Pick what you want to goto Trash.

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 5.43.27 PM.png

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
I just had a look at YouTube and found a tutorial called "How to Completely Uninstall Any App on Mac". Looks good and is simple. I will have to check out what IngerMan listed, too.

Reactions: Daino92

Daino92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Montana
Yes,

In finder type in the app to delete, Hit the "+" on the right, Then far left choose "System Files" then to the right of that choose "are included" Pick what you want to goto Trash.

View attachment 915788
This was really helpful, thanks!!
[automerge]1589671963[/automerge]
I just had a look at YouTube and found a tutorial called "How to Completely Uninstall Any App on Mac". Looks good and is simple. I will have to check out what IngerMan listed, too.
I will also check this out, thanks!!

Reactions: IngerMan

Tony Vee 73

macrumors member
May 16, 2020
Staten Island, NY
I've been using the free app 'AppCleaner' for years and it's brilliant for deleting those you no longer require together with all associated system files. Whilst in Applications you simply drag and drop the app you no longer require onto the 'AppCleaner' logo, et voila!
Awesome. Thanks. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.